- Install vSphere(ESX) with at least 2 GB memory
- Login to the Service Console and type the following:
- Change the following line to the desired value:
- Shutdown the virtual machine and change the VMs memory and boot it up!
Thanks Mark for the comment on ESXi:
- Install vSphere(ESXi) with at least 2 GB memory
- Login to the console via the “unsupported” method.
- Edit the file /etc/vmware/esx.conf and add the following line:
/vmkernel/minMemoryCheck = “false”
- Save the file and shutdown ESXi, change the memory and boot it up!